Friday, February 5, 2010

Change, trees and me

"Life is like a changing tree with brightly colored leaves,
Your family and your friends and you can be compared to these."

Welcome to my very first blog.  I've been planning on starting one for a while, but for one reason or another just kept getting super distracted and never getting around to it. So instead of waiting for a good time to start one, I just decided that I'd jump right in. So here it goes. 

The main purpose of this blog is just for me to basically have a recording of the life according to Katie for next semester? year? week? Who knows how long this will last...The idea for this actually started out as one of the "photo a day blogs" if just so I could have fun taking crazy pictures as well as make sure I can keep track of my camera. (for those of you who don't know, I have an unfortunate history of losing my cameras).  So expect a picture, new or old in each post. The one here was actually taken at Mt. Veron my freshman year with my ever-so awesome NIAHD (National Institute for American History and Democracy) class on the History of the Tidewater.

Speaking of NIAHD (I swear the segue wasn't planned), my partner in crime from the class and now good friend Gaby is heading down to visit W&M at this very moment to come visit. It's bittersweet however since this is the last visit she'll be able to make for a while since she's heading abroad to Australia for the semester. SO JEALOUS. But we expect a weekend full of fun, particularly since Williamsburg is amazingly not living up to the forecasts of snow and instead is pouring lovely, fluffy snowflakes down. Perhaps that will be my picture for tomorrow, Williamsburg is particularly picturesque in the snow!

Oh, but back to the purpose of the blog! So I basically decided to start this now because a lot of things in my life have been changing and I felt a need to have somewhere to basically organize my thoughts and figure out just what I want out of life and what I need to do to get there. That's where the title comes from, since when I think of change, I think of the leaves of fall and their wonderful colors. It helps me (who sees changes as primarily negative things), to look at the brightside and get some enjoyment out of my changing life. It's a big task to take on though, so I think I'm going to procrastinate at least one more day with that goal and have this post just be a silly introduction. 

Silly Introduction:

*waves* Hi, I'm Katie, I'm a 20 year old college student at W&M. I'm crazy, impatient, energetic, passionate, lazy, nerdy, happy person who has an abnormal obsession with dinosaurs and coloring. And I promise I'm not too weird...just enough to be fun. Other than that I'm a biology major with a hatred for pre-med and a love of ecology, I love just getting to hang out with friends whether it's late-night adventures in Colonial Williamsburg or just a simple movie night with my roommate (well and everyone else who basically lives in our room). I like dancing in the rain and generally making a fool of myself, I'm a camp counselor at the best camp ever (CWAC!) so that should explain a lot of that. Being a counselor, I am an outdoors person and find nothing better than dashing about outdoors in mud, snow, rain, sun etc. My life motto is "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!". If you couldn't tell Ms. Frizzle is kinda my role model. 

And there's a lot more that I can say, but I'm sure it'll come out in the rest of the blog at some point. Right now, I have to get back to my work. I'm trying to finish up everything I can today so I have the weekend completely free to dash about with various crazy activities.

So goodbye until later! Leave a comment if you want. I really don't know if anyone will read this, but I take comfort that my future self will enjoy it at the very least! :)

1 comment: